If shipping costs provided by your WooCommerce installation are higher or lower than what you would expect, we recommend you to enable the debug mode within the shipping plugin settings section that you are using.
Once this option is enabled, add a product to cart and in most cases you will see on the cart page and/or on the checkout page useful information that will explain why shipping costs are different from what you expect, and why they are simply not displayed at all.
We also recommend you to compare shipping costs displayed on your WooCommerce site to shipping costs provided by online calculators. Nearly all shipping companies provide such a tool. Please make sure you use the same values as the ones provided by the debug mode in terms of weights and dimensions.
There are some common issues when dealing with shipping plugins. When you experience an issue, make sure that:
- you define weights and dimensions for all products. See how here.
- you use a correct currency (some plugins like Royal Mail require the shop to use a specific currency). You can define the shop currency in WooCommerce > Settings > General.
- your shop base location is correct (some plugins like PostNL require the shop to have a specific base location). You can define the shop currency in WooCommerce > Settings > General.
- your API keys are correct. If not you should see a “Authorization failed” message.
- wp_remote_get() function is enable on your server. You can verify this in WooCommerce > System Status > Server Environment (Get Remote value)
Online calculator: https://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/home
Online calculator: http://postcalc.usps.com/
Online calculator: https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_US&WT.svl=PNRO_L1
Online calculator: http://auspost.com.au/apps/postage-calculator.html
Online calculator: http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1
New Zealand Post
Online calculator: https://www.nzpost.co.nz/tools/rate-finder
Online calculator: https://eshiponline.purolator.com/ShipOnline/Estimates/Estimate.aspx?lang=e
Online calculator: http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder
2015 Flat Rates: http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/Royal-Mail-UK-and-international-parcel-and-letter-prices-30-March-2015.pdf
Prices based on http://www.postnl.nl/Images/Tarievenmap-augustus-2014-PostNL_tcm10-17455.pdf (no online rate finder)