Defining global availability rules
Global availability rules apply to all bookable products in your store. Configuring these rules is useful if you, for example:
- Have consistent/expected hours of availability (e.g., Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Need to block out a specific date range for all products (e.g., Unavailable for Christmas break)
- Only have availability during specific seasons (e.g., Closed from October – May)
To define a global rule, go to: Bookings > Global Availability.
Click the add range button:
This adds a row to the table:
Sample use case
A hair salon offers one-hour appointments for haircuts and is open Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. with the last appointment at 5:00 p.m. The owner has decided to close the salon for a holiday break between December 22, 2014 and January 4, 2015.
In the Bookings Settings, the following global availability rules are added:
- Time Range (all week); 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Bookable – Yes
- Range of days; Monday – Friday; Bookable – Yes
- Range of days; Saturday – Sunday; Bookable – No
- Custom date range; 2014-12-22 – 2015-01-05; Bookable – No
By default, Global availability rules take priority over product level availability rules and product availability rules take priority over resource priority rules.
- For more information on setting up availability rules, see: Creating a Bookable Product.
- For more examples, go to the other Use Cases.