The primary focus for this role is to sell solutions and services to prospect for new customers and existing customers in the assigned territory or vertical. This is a role working across a variety of different customers in both short (weeks) and long term projects (months).
- Make telephone calls to prospects
- Generate leads to develop business from different sources
- Understand their needs and pick up on additional or missing details to understand customer requirements, A good command of account profiling and a proven ability to navigate to key contacts
- Follow up regularly to ensure lead conversion
- Proactively prospect for new business opportunities, up-sell to existing customers (displacements and new product sales) and renewals.
- Manage leads in a timely manner
- Create strong business relationships with prospects and existing customers
- Recommend the most suitable solution according to the customer’s requirements Keep knowledge up to date of company products and solutions and maintain good working relationship with key people.
- You will be able to structure your working month to enable you to hit a set of agreed targets and to maintain your input activity (call volumes) to achieve key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Appropriate use of tools such as CRMs, excel and the intranet
Competencies/ Skill Requirements
- A self-starter with a consultative sales approach who is pro-active in increasing sales revenue
- Prior experience of working on field must.
- Must be result-driven, have strong analytical skills and be committed to creating new business opportunities
- Preferred individual should have professional experience in Sales, Marketing and/or business development
- Basic technology knowledge on Web Solutions and IT industry
- Must have exhibit sound oral expression and comprehension, negotiation, listening, and reasoning skills
- Proven time and account management skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
Key Behaviors & Attributes
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to retain composure, responding to situations calmly and effectively
- Can problem solve/work methodically when faced with problems or ambiguous situations
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and pressures
- Is customer and results focused, with strong organisational skills
- Ability to work flexibly and have a positive approach to change
- Willingness to learn
Education & Experience Required
- Two year university/ Associate degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Typically 2+years of experience in a related field.
- Direct experience in interfacing with customers (i.e.: Technical, Administrative or Call Centre roles)
What can you expect?
- A phenomenal work environment, with massive ownership and growth opportunities
- Quick iterations and deployments – fail-fast attitude
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies, and lead teams in the future
- Massive, and direct impact of the work you do on lives of people
- Competitive remuneration & profit sharing
- Interesting problems to solve, day in, day out
- Motivated team and career growth opportunities
- Independent environment, where you get to champion your role
- Interesting and dynamic work in a rapidly growing company
- Unofficial parties & pizzas with off-sites in a year where we completely freak out