8 Smart Web Design Tricks That Will Efficiently Increase Your Customer
- Blog Creation, Branding, Design Trend, Designing, Development, Graphic Designing, Great Design, Website Design & Development
The physical work in any business offering products and services is being reduced day by day. All it has now come to is the computer screens and mobile phones which concentrates the major focus of the business on web designing. That first visit made by your prospective customer on your web page is highly crucial in creating the profit. If your web design is glitch-free and flawless, the customer would want to explore more and experience your services. On the other hand, if he stumbles on links and navigation without getting anything fruitful, he would hardly come back on the page. So, you would definitely want a web design that is stylish, interactive, simple and attractive all at the same time.
The web design trends are changing with each day, but there are some basic rules regarding the look and feel that don’t change and remain equally important. For example, the simple navigation and minimalistic homepage is always the key to attract more visitors. Adhering to the simple yet effective web design tricks, you can have an inviting web page that naturally calls your customer for an action.
Before going ahead with the designing part, it is vital to make a list of things that you need your website to reflect, because the website is the indirect marketer of your brand. Another way to do it is the research on the current trending websites. You can simply find out the points that are constant irrespective of the different preferences of the customers by being a customer yourself. Point out the things that attract you in a web design and the things that make you want to change them instantly.
As quirky is the need of the current time, every small aspect has to be creative and modern. But no matter how modern you want to go with your web design, there are some basic tips that are not going to get old any time soon.
1. Make The First Look Worth A Tour: On finding a complicated web of links and navigation, you will instantly shut down any website and never open it again. The first look has to be striking, but meanwhile striking doesn’t mean a plethora of colors, haunting pictures and messed up text. Maintaining the minimalism always makes you a winner. Give him something to relate to with the first thing the visitor sees when he lands on your web page. It could be a mono-color theme, a simple logo or a welcoming note.
- A minimal homepage: You can hyperlink words for a detailed information in inner pages, but make sure that your homepage is clutter-free. Do not paste too many links or calls to action. Make your visitors work as little as possible because nobody wants to exhaust their mind while discovering certain thing on a website. You must give them a glimpse on your homepage of the interesting content that is provided further, so that the interest is awaken. Write simple and short lines instead of big paragraphs, because all that people do is to scan in a glance before they become a loyal visitor. So, first attract them to read more then give them more content to work on.
- Make The Navigation Smooth: Don’t make your visitors wander through pages and links, provide them with an easy navigation instead. Because time is the most precious thing that they are worried about. Ensure them that your web page won’t waste their time and energy and will offer them something meaningful to absorb at the end.
- Ask For Minimum Inputs: Nobody wants to take a school test while simply visiting a website. Don’t put too many questions or ask them for inputs, it is simply tiring. You can engage them in interactive sessions or give them call to action for later, but the first few pages must be as much hassle-free as possible.
2. Be a little creative with the text: The language of almost all the “About Us” pages are similar and monotonous. You can go a little unconventional with the same and introduce something more engaging. A material that can make your visitor laugh or inquisitive, it will surely convert to profit at the end. A simple one-liner satire or interesting info can make your website look completely different and interesting.
3. Be Consistent With The Graphic Details: In an attempt to be more visual, you can make these details confusing for your new visitors and regular customers as well. If you are using a certain image to represent something, be consistent with that. If there are multiple platforms to access your website, keep the images, logos and texts consistent on all those platforms.
4. Let Your Menu Speak For Itself: In the menu bar, mention everything your webpage has to offer. It gives the visitors an idea of the type of content your website provides and they become open to explore. Pick innovating names of the segments in the menu, while the content can be as per your needs, quirky menu always attracts the attention. You can also use a slightly casual lingo to represent your menu options to make it more relatable.
5. Maintain Balance Between Text And Images: The right size, font, color and placement is as important as the entire website itself. If you must have come across new websites of businesses with misplaced images of irregular sizes, you must remember how much you hated and wanted to change it instantly. So, place the images at a rational space and spot. Align the size of the images with the page, because mismatched size can spoil the entire look and feel of a page.
6. Don’t Experiment Too Much With The Color: Bold colors like bright yellow are the pick of the moment. They leave a distinctive impression on the visitor and set the website clearly apart from others. But a combination of too many bold colors at once is a big no-no. It only creates a distaste in visitors in place of doing any good. Select just a couple of bright colors and be honest to the combination of only those colors throughout the website. The right shade from the palette is always important, you can also customize it if you want it to be little more different from the ones that are already popular and accepted by the visitors.
7. Keep Introducing The Updates While Sticking To The Fundamentals: No matter how beautiful and attractive your website is, if it fails to bring the traffic in, there is definitely something wrong. You should be able to recognise when you have to change the web design. It might be perfect in your eyes, but there is something missing which is warding off the visitors. Do a research and identify the changes your web design needs and move on from the old design. On the other hand, if your webpage is already doing a great job, certain things need to be updated with time. For example, the icons can be made more smooth and appealing over and over by changing the outlook while keeping the basic design intact.
8. Give Them A Reason To Come Back: Psychological effects can play smarter than you can think. You can feed the visitors’ mind and their thoughts without even letting them know about it. Simple examples are the fun facts, quick quizzes or something to come back later and check it again. You can introduce a series of posts which you can update day after day and ask your visitors to come back and check it at the end of the page. These interactive aspects increase the relatability of your webpage manifolds. But don’t forget to be precise while doing it, you wouldn’t want to make your content redundant or boring either.
Relatable punchlines or short descriptions also appeals the visitors better than most of the aspects of your website. You can play a little and add a desi feel to it to make it more refreshing. These are simply remembered and the visitors are able to relate them with your website.